On this week’s Dune Talk show we’re celebrating the official announcement of Dune: Part Two, coming to theaters in October 2023! The crew shares expectations and hopes for the second movie, including potential opening scenes and casting announcements. Which actor would make a perfect choice to play Padishah Emperor Shaddam Corrino IV? We have some ideas.
Join Garin, Johnny, Marcus, and Simon, as we also continue our scene-by-scene review of Dune: Part One, zooming in on the Gom Jabbar test. For that key event, we also have the director Denis Villeneuve’s own in-depth commentary to analyze. Finally, we discuss the ongoing Kickstarter for the official graphic novel adaptation of the movie.
This podcast (46 minutes) is available below in both video and audio formats. Enjoy and spread the word to fellow Dune fans!
Dune Talk: Episode 19 – The Journey Continues
If you enjoyed watching our talk show as a full video presentation, take a moment to subscribe to our official YouTube channel. We love to hear your feedback, ideas, and questions.
Powered by RedCircle
Do you prefer listening? Dune Talk is available on the following podcast services and it’s also free to subscribe:
Our show will be coming soon to more of the popular locations where podcasts are found.
News stories covered in the ‘Dune Movie News’ and ‘Duniverse’ segments of this show:
- On October 26, Legendary Pictures announced that Dune: Part Two has been green-lit. The second half of Denis Villeneuve’s movie adaptation of Frank Herbert’s 1965 novel is expected to start filming in fall of 2022 and then arrive in theaters on October 20, 2023. It will have a theatrical-exclusive window, as expected, since Warner Bros. is moving away from day-and-date releases next year.
- Continuing our ongoing review of Dune: Part One, in this show we dive deep into the Gom Jabbar test, starting around the movie’s 25-minute mark. In a recent feature by Vanity Fair, Denis Villeneuve offered his in-depth director’s commentary: The 17 minute video illustrates how many layers upon layers, of detail and insight, went into faithfully adapting this iconic scene.
- In a surprising move, Legendary Comics launched a Kickstarter for Dune: The Official Movie Graphic Novel. The project was fully funded in less than one day. While this scene-by-scene comic book adaptation of the film will also be available in stores (expected June 2022), there are a number of exclusive items available for backers—including the the opportunity to have your own likeness appear in the interior artwork.
On this episode:
- Marcus Gabriel | @DuneNewsNet
- Simon Daoudi | @sdaoudi
- Garin Granata | @DuneCompanion
- Johnny Sobczak | @JohnnySobczak
Do you have a question or suggestion for future episodes of Dune Talk? We want to hear from you! Tweet out to @DuneTalkShow, reply to our Instagram posts @DuneTalkShow, or simply leave your note in the comment section below.
Special thanks goes out to Ashton GIeckman for music and Sheldon Lee for voice overs.