In this week’s Dune Talk we break down intriguing comments from Dune director Denis Villeneuve, from two recent interviews regarding the forthcoming movie. We share our thoughts on the online controversy surrounding several of his statements—including Zendaya’s role and a certain speedboat analogy—and address the question on everyone’s minds: How well does this first film really have to do, to secure a go-ahead for Dune: Part Two?
Johnny, Marcus, and Simon also explore the new House Atreides character teasers and stunning preview pages from The Art and Soul of Dune. Which of the three hosts will be the first to order the limited edition? The Dune Talk show is dedicated to covering everything happening in the universe of Dune and we’re excited to take you along on this journey, towards the movie’s premiere.
This podcast (62 minutes) is available below in both video and audio formats. Enjoy and spread the word to fellow Dune fans!
Dune Talk: Episode 6 – Meet House Atreides
Powered by RedCircle
Do you prefer listening? Dune Talk is available on the following podcast services and it’s also free to subscribe:
Our show will be coming soon to more of the popular locations where podcasts are found.
News stories covered in the ‘Dune Movie News’ segments of today’s show:
- IGN posted six new character teasers featuring House Atreides, including several intriguing pieces of previously unreleased footage.
- In an interview with the Italian publication, la Repubblica, Denis Villeneuve talks about his eagerness to return to shoot Dune: Part Two, and indicates this continuation will feature Zendaya in the protagonist role. It has since been confirmed that some meaning was lost in translation (he meant to say she would be a main character), however there are many valuable insights to unpack.
- Insight Editions have released a preview for The Art and Soul of Dune and the limited edition is up for pre-order. This making of book is filled with beautiful visuals, even inspiring Hans Zimmer to compose a companion sound track, which will be available to download for free (check preview for details).
- The latest issue of Total Film features 20-pages of Dune movie content. In one of the highlights, Denis Villeneuve shares his great optimism for Dune: Part Two and reveals that he’s overjoyed to be working on its script.
On this episode:
- Marcus Gabriel | @DuneNewsNet
- Simon Daoudi | @sdaoudi
- Johnny Sobczak | @JohnnySobczak
Do you have a question or suggestion for future episodes of Dune Talk? We want to hear from you! Tweet out to @DuneTalkShow, reply to our Instagram posts @DuneTalkShow, or simply leave your note in the comment section below.
Special thanks goes out to Ashton GIeckman for music and Sheldon Lee for voice overs.