DUNE TALK: ‘Dune’ Movie Review, Episode 5 – Fall of House Atreides
On this penultimate part of our Dune: Part One movie review, on the Dune Talk show, we continue analyzing the film scene-by-scene, from its 75th minute onward. As we return to the Arrakeen governor’s residence, it’s clear there’s almost no time left for House Atreides. This week we reach the emotion-filled stilltent scene—we explore Paul’s transformation and implications of his visions of the future.
As with earlier episodes in this sub-series (see links to those in the show notes below), the discussion contains spoilers for the film / first book. We also touch briefly on recent movie news, including the home video release dates and comments from Denis Villeneuve regarding the role of Feyd in Dune: Part Two.
This podcast (76 minutes) is available below in both video and audio formats. Enjoy and spread the word to fellow Dune fans!
Dune Talk: Episode 22 – Movie Review #5, Atreides Fall
If you enjoyed watching our talk show as a full video presentation, take a moment to subscribe to our official YouTube channel. We love to hear your feedback, ideas, and questions.
Powered by RedCircle
Do you prefer listening? Dune Talk is available on the following podcast services and it’s also free to subscribe:
Our show will be coming soon to more of the popular locations where podcasts are found.
We’re analyzing the Dune movie scene-by-scene from the 75th minute onward, up to and including the pivotal scene with Paul and Jessica in the stilltent. For previous parts of this review, click on following links:
- Episode #1: Overall Reactions
- Episode #2: Discovering Caladan
- Episode #3: Arrival on Arrakis
- Episode #4: Paul’s Awakening
News stories covered in the ‘Dune Movie News’ segment of today’s show:
- The physical home video release of Dune: Part One is confirmed for January 11, 2022. On that date, the movie will be available in 4K UHD, Blu-ray (HD), and DVD versions. The former versions will include an hour of special features.
- During Empire’s interview with Denis Villeneuve, the director states that Feyd-Rautha—the heir of House Harkonnen and rival to Paul Atriedes—will be a “very, very important character” in Dune: Part Two.
On this episode:
- Marcus Gabriel | @DuneNewsNet
- Simon Daoudi | @sdaoudi
- Garin Granata | @DuneCompanion
- Johnny Sobczak | @JohnnySobczak
Do you have a question or suggestion for future episodes of Dune Talk? We want to hear from you! Tweet out to @DuneTalkShow, reply to our Instagram posts @DuneTalkShow, or simply leave your note in the comment section below.
Special thanks goes out to Ashton GIeckman for music and Sheldon Lee for voice overs.