DUNE TALK: Movie Soundtrack and Chinese Trailer
Dune: Part One has dominated the overseas box office in its first weekend. On this week’s Dune Talk we look ahead to projections for this second week, when the movie is also opening in the Middle East. Then it’s time to get lost in the otherworldly soundscapes of Hans Zimmer, as the crew reviews the Dune Original Motion Picture Soundtrack.
We’re continuing to get lots of new movie footage: Johnny, Garin, Marcus, and Simon break down the exclusive Chinese trailer, however do keep spoiler discussion to one section (so it’s easy to jump ahead). Finally, we dive into more great questions from viewers. How should fans navigate increasing volume of marketing? What theories do we have on the alien voices at the beginning of the movie?
This podcast (73 minutes) is available below in both video and audio formats. Enjoy and spread the word to fellow Dune fans!
Dune Talk: Episode 12 – Dream of Arrakis
Powered by RedCircle
Do you prefer listening? Dune Talk is available on the following podcast services and it’s also free to subscribe:
Our show will be coming soon to more of the popular locations where podcasts are found.
News stories covered in the ‘Dune Movie News’ segment of today’s show:
- In it’s first week of release, in 26 countries, Dune has grossed $37.9M at the overseas box office. With it’s current pace, the movie has the potential to exceed $75M within two weeks.
- Han Zimmer’s Dune Movie Soundtrack is out now. The composer sought to create truly unique sounds, with new instruments and languages, transporting listeners to another world.
- With premiere of Dune: Part One confirmed for October 22 in mainland China, local marketing has kicked-off in this huge move market. An exclusive Chinese trailer has been released, featuring lots of thrilling new footage. Warning for potential spoilers.
Viewer questions answered:
- Since the marketing for Dune continuing to reveal more and more new footage, how should people who haven’t seen the movie yet (and prefer to avoid seeing too much) navigate this next month?
- At the beginning of the film (before the Warner Bros. logo appears), who is speaking in an alien language?
- What would you call the second movie? Would they simply go with Dune: Part Two?
On this episode:
- Marcus Gabriel | @DuneNewsNet
- Simon Daoudi | @sdaoudi
- Garin Granata | @DuneCompanion
- Johnny Sobczak | @JohnnySobczak
Do you have a question or suggestion for future episodes of Dune Talk? We want to hear from you! Tweet out to @DuneTalkShow, reply to our Instagram posts @DuneTalkShow, or simply leave your note in the comment section below.
Special thanks goes out to Ashton GIeckman for music and Sheldon Lee for voice overs.