DUNE TALK: Venice Film Festival – Movie Reviews
We’re thrilled to present a special edition of Dune Talk show, dedicated to the world premiere of Dune: Part One at Venice Film Festival and ensuing outpouring of reviews. Our regular crew are joined by returning special guest Mark (from DuneInfo), as we break down the critics’ commentaries, viewer reactions, and what they all mean for the success of the movie.
We also cover highlights from the official Dune press conference at the festival, featuring insightful answers from director Denis Villeneuve and the movie’s talented cast—Timothée Chalamet, Zendaya, Rebecca Ferguson, and more. Last, but certainly not least, hear our first thoughts on the mesmerizing soundscapes of Hans Zimmer’s The Dune Sketchbook album. Join us for an epic discussion!
This podcast (98 minutes) is available below in both video and audio formats. Enjoy and spread the word to fellow Dune fans!
Dune Talk: Episode 9 – Venice Awakening
Powered by RedCircle
Do you prefer listening? Dune Talk is available on the following podcast services and it’s also free to subscribe:
Our show will be coming soon to more of the popular locations where podcasts are found.
News stories covered in the ‘Dune Movie News’ segment of today’s show:
- As the world premiere screening commenced at Venice Film Festival, embargoes were lifted and scores of largely positive reviews for Dune: Part One hit the internet. Critics have high praise for the director and scope of the film, while a minority have criticisms regarding accessibility and the two-part approach. Wider reactions on social media, are overwhelmingly triumphant.
- Prior to the premiere, Denis Villeneuve and stars of Dune spoke to media at the official Venice Film Festival press conference. Topics included challenges of adapting the story and how its themes are especially relevant today. Timothée Chalamet, Zendaya, Rebecca Ferguson, Oscar Isaac, Josh Brolin, and Javier Bardem shared insights regarding their experience filming the movie and how they prepared their roles.
- The Dune Sketchbook (Music from the Soundtrack), first of three albums composed by Hans Zimmer for the movie, has been released! Listen or download from your favorite music services including Apple Music, Spotify, and Amazon music. Read our earlier feature on the three Dune soundtracks for more details and YouTube playlist.
On this episode:
- Marcus Gabriel | @DuneNewsNet
- Simon Daoudi | @sdaoudi
- Garin Granata | @DuneCompanion
- Johnny Sobczak | @JohnnySobczak
- Mark / DuneInfo | @DuneInfo
Do you have a question or suggestion for future episodes of Dune Talk? We want to hear from you! Tweet out to @DuneTalkShow, reply to our Instagram posts @DuneTalkShow, or simply leave your note in the comment section below.
Special thanks goes out to Ashton GIeckman for music and Sheldon Lee for voice overs.