Filming of Denis Villeneuve’s Dune: Part Two is fully underway! Multiple members of the movie’s cast—including Timothée Chalamet, Zendaya, Austin Butler, and Rebecca Ferguson—have arrived in Budapest, Hungary, where production is currently taking place. On this week’s Dune Talk show, Garin, Johnny and Marcus break down all the official news so far; whether it’s the movie’s synopsis or plans for extensive shooting in the Liwa Desert of Abu Dhabi.
Plus, casting announcements are not over. Souheila Yacoub is the latest actress to join the impressive ensemble of Dune: Part Two. Outside of movie news, we briefly touch on CMON’s upcoming board game and Super7’s nostalgic Dune ReAction Figures.
Dune Talk: Episode 38 – Production Begins
Powered by RedCircle
- Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures have confirmed that Dune: Part Two is now officially in production. As of late-July, director Denis Villeneuve and many of his cast and crew have assembled in Budapest, Hungary for filming.
- Together with the latest official press release regarding Dune: Part Two, a new synopsis has been revealed for the movie: “This follow-up film will explore the mythic journey of Paul Atreides as he unites with Chani and the Fremen while on a warpath of revenge against the conspirators who destroyed his family. Facing a choice between the love of his life and the fate of the known universe, he endeavors to prevent a terrible future only he can foresee.”
- Official sources out of the United Arab Emirates film industry have confirmed that, this fall, the movie’s production return to the country. It’s expected that there will be five weeks of filming taking place in the Liwa Desert area.
Denis Villeneuve’s award-winning ‘Dune’ will once again feature Abu Dhabi’s landscapes as planet Arrakis in Dune: Part Two. — AD Film Commission (@filmabudhabi) July 19, 2022
#LegendaryEntertainment has confirmed that the film will return to the capital emirate for a 5-week production, supported by @EpicFilmsME and #ADFC. pic.twitter.com/LkY5vSwXJg
- Souheila Yacoub has been officially announced as joining the cast of Dune: Part Two. The actress will play Shishakli, a member of the elite Fremen Fedaykin. In the book, this squad leader—a male in original story—hands maker hooks to Paul Atreides.
- Dune: War for Arrakis, a newly-announced strategy board game from CMON, will be coming to Kickstarter later this year. This comes from the same team that designed War of the Ring.
- Super7 has released a first wave of Dune ReAction Figures. These vintage toys—reminiscent of the releases from the 1980s—are based on David Lynch’s Dune (1984) movie.
- Marcus Gabriel | @DuneNewsNet
- Johnny Sobczak | @JohnnySobczak
- Garin Granata | @DuneCompanion